Friday, September 27, 2013

I Ate Snails!

September 22, 2013
I ate snails!

I couldn't think of a better title.
This week has been pretty amazing!  I'm pretty sure I walked around the Philippines twice!  This week we focused a lot on finding new investigators!  My last companion didn't like OYMing (Open Your Mouth) but the new companion loves it!  He told me he feels likes a missionary when he talks to everyone!  This week we had 26 OYMs and some of the OYMs seem interested. 

From OYMing and talking to the members, we got 3 new investigators this week!  I challenged 2 to baptism and the other 1 we’re going to go visit tomorrow!  This week we were teaching the less active catholic inv. and it was the most frustrating thing in the world!  She is the only one who isn't a member in the family but it seems like her family doesn't want her to be a member.  While I was challenging her to be baptized, her mom was just laughing hysterically and while her mom was laughing hysterically our fellowshipper decided to correct my grammar even though it was correct.  It was probably the hardest lesson I've ever taught when it probably should have been one of the best. 

Just yesterday during church a guy came up to us with his daughter and introduced us to her.  He told us that she is nine and has not been baptized yet and so we said we would start teaching her.  When we said we would teach her he said "Teach her all of the lessons today and lets baptize her tomorrow" (In Tagalog) It was the funniest thing in the world but it was still an awesome experience.  We've had a couple experiences this week where people have come up to us and told us they want to be baptized.  So in four or five weeks we should have a baptism hopefully!

About the title of this E-mail.  We were at a dinner appointment and they had snails for us to eat.  They didn't taste like anything but I didn't eat too many because they said I could get sick from them.  I also ate pigs ear, which pretty much tastes like bacon but again, I didn't eat very much because I kept thinking about what I was eating.

One funny thing I saw that you'd only see in the Philippines was a member put a logo on her garments.... I guess garments are cheaper than T-shirts and so she just bought some and put logos on them.  I don't think she realizes that she shouldn't do that.

It's been a really good week and with a lot of work.  My comp keeps telling me we have to work hard because the harder you work on your mission the better looking your wife will be.  I hope it's true because we're working really hard!  

The work in our area is going great.  The other day I was pretty frustrated with my Tagalog.  While walking I was thinking about how I don't know Tagalog at all but then I realized that I was understanding what the people around me were saying.  The gift of tongues is real!  My comp keeps telling me a quote about how you can't be the best all at once and it's definitely true.  The church is true!
mahal ko kayo (I love you)


Elder Tribe  
Caught this little guy in the apartment.  He wasn't little!  I drowned it in our trash can

Just hanging out!  The sign that i always do with my hand means handsome

Just a cute little girl!

Fishing in the Philippines!  With a bamboo stick and some worms!  I caught a huge mac dad!

Just some neighborhood kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment