Sunday, September 14, 2014

awan ko

I came in to the computer shop expecting to start writing all of you but then I just got stuck watching videos from lds.org.

So the area this week was awesome and crazy at the same time. 
 
But before I start anything about my week, I got a text yesterday telling me that my first area in Alicia has been announced to become a stake!  I'm so happy for them and I want to go back so bad even considering the terrible apartment.


Tour with the District Pres.


So this week or actually yesterday we got a tour of a part of our area that we had never been to before because the whole time we thought no one lived there.  The district president took us on a tour of Salamague and introduced us to the LA's (less-actives) and some of his referrals.  When we talked with the LA's the main reason they stopped going to church was because the church moved to Bagabag which would probably be a 46 peso jeepney and tricy ride.  46 peso's isn't really that much but when I learned that they only make 12000 pesos in five months or roughly 54 dollars a month, every cent counts.  The best news was to tell them we would now be going to church again in Lamut!  I really hope that we will see our work progress now that we have a church here in Lamut.

Now with some of the crazy stuff we've been seeing lately.  The other day while walking to one of our appointments we saw a group of people gathering, looking up the road to where our appointments are. When we got a little closer we saw a man inside his van getting punched in the face over and over again by some one who he had just hit with his car.  While the guy in the van was getting punched, a person on the side of the road picked up a rock to throw at the van, but then he was tackled, so he couldn't throw it.  When we walked by, watching everything happening I saw the man getting punched and he looked pretty out of shape. They were both lasing (drunk) so I didn't feel bad for either one of them considering they were both driving drunk. (Driving drunk in the Philippines is one of the peoples past times here!)  The other day I saw a guy driving really fast and he was swerving all over the place.  When he got a little closer he looked like he was a sleep but I think his neck was just tired so he had his head resting on his left shoulder. It's pretty funny to watch, but also really dangerous.  We tend to get off the road when we see one coming so don't worry!

We had some really good FHE's and dinners the last couple days that I'll be sending pictures of!  



Companion at District Pres poultry house

Get Close to God not drugs



Mahal ko kayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment