Sunday, September 28, 2014

Well, I'm not transferred so that means I'm going to be six months here in Lamut.  I was kind of looking forward to getting transferred just to have something new, but I guess I'll make the best out of it.

On Tuesday this last week we had interviews with President Rahlf and Sister Rahlf.  In the interview with President he reviewed who was in my district and read off their names.  When he was finished reading off their names he said, "well, no problem there.  I think you need a little more trouble."  Then he asked if I needed anything and that was it.  Sister Rahlf is just super nice and asked what my favorite hymn was and then gave me a sucker! haha She is super nice!  

After interviews and district meeting I went on a threesome with Elder Volpe our Zone leader because his companion had a meeting in Cauayan.  It was the busiest I've ever been my whole mission and not with work.  We traveled the whole zone in one day because of everything that was going on with missionaries.  We got up early and headed to a sisters apartment to give a blessing.  Then we went back to the apartment and then left again to Villeverde to give a baptismal interview to President Pasqua's dad who's been investigating the church for 35 years.  He passed the interview and then we headed to Solano because one of the missionaries got possessed or something crazy.  She kept passing out and then would wake up and say weird things.  When we showed up it looked like she was just staring off in the distance.  Elder Volpe gave her a blessing and then blessed the house.  She's okay now I think. That was a really good day just to mix things up a bit in the schedule. 

This week Reynante was baptized but it almost didn't happen.  The night before the baptism we went over to teach him and he seemed super upset about something.  He wouldn't tell us why, but we figured it was because the baptism was in Solano and not here in Lamut, in the river. (We didn't baptize him in the river because the rain and wind were really strong.)  We later called and texted him and he still said he wasn't sure because he really didn't want it in Solano.  The next morning on Saturday we called him one hour before his baptism was supposed to start and told him it would only be our branch, not Solano's branch's too.  I guess he was just shy, but when he figured out no one else was coming he decided it was okay.  We took the Balubals jeep to Solano and he was baptized.  Elder Saguire baptized him and I confirmed him the next day in sacrament meeting.  

Balubal family

Baptism

Lunch before

Sleeping on the job
That's basically my week.  
Love you guys,
Elder Tribe

No comments:

Post a Comment