Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Really Good Week!

Really good week here in the mission just like back at home this time of year.  

This cycle we're focusing our efforts on bringing back the less-actives in the ward.  The other day during PEC meeting with the branch president I saw the total number of members for our branch and it was almost 500.  That means out of 500 members only about 70 come to church which is terrible.  It's also really frustrating because once you baptize someone they see how every other member they know isn't going to church so they think it's acceptable. So this week because we found out the numbers were so bad, surprisingly enough the lesson we taught the most was about the Sabbath day and enduring to the end.  A lot of the members that we taught this week came to church for the first time in a long time and it was cool to see the branch welcome them all back.

Yesterday during church the single adults told me to teach them a lesson only using English.  I don't think they knew but I've been really struggling with the language and so it was a big relief to be able to teach in English.  It was also really cool because the whole time I was teaching in English I was thinking in Tagalog which made me realize I'm not as bad as I think I am.  I also told them at the end of the lesson they should feed the missionaries because we're hungry and that night we had two dinner appointments!  It's better to just be blunt about things to get stuff done on the mission. 

Elder Rumbaoa and I are really working hard and there has honestly been no problem between us.  He'll probably go down in history for being the best companion.  Elder Rumbaoa also told me some news the other day when President came by to our apartment a few weeks to talk to him.  President told him to train me to be able to be a District leader and a trainer.  I don't know if that means next cycle or just for the future but I hope it's just for the future.  I don't think I'm prepared enough to train or be a DL yet but I'll do what ever the Lord commands.  

Also a little story I forgot to tell you about last week.  So the other week it was really late and we were headed home after a long days work when we had to ride our bikes in front of a house that has the meanest dog in the area.  So what we decided to do was just ride by the house as fast as we could.  That was a bad idea because we under estimated how fast the dog was and also my companions bike.  Right as the dog ran out of it's yard to chase us my comps chain on his bike fell off so he wasn't going anywhere.  So I had to stop and shine my light on my comp while throwing rocks at the dog.  When the dog finally left and I was trying to put back on the chain, it started to rain really hard.  Neither of us had an umbrella so we were just getting soaked.  The rain all of a sudden stopped and my comp said "Wow, I just prayed for the rain to stop and it actually stopped."  It was just a cool little experience about how just little prayers are answered.  

Love you all,
Elder Tribe
Inline image 1
Merienda time during a rain storm

No comments:

Post a Comment