Sunday, April 6, 2014

With the cycle coming to an end and my companion being the District leader we have been pretty busy going to all the areas and doing interviews and baptisms, so our area suffered a little bit this week with the work. 

Speaking of baptisms, we still do have our baptism scheduled this Saturday!  We are way stoked because it's our first baptism for the both of us in Ramon!  I don't remember if I told you her name but just in case I didn't it's S. C.  She is awesome and has a strong testimony of the Gospel.  When we first started teaching her, she basically was just listening because her husband is a member but now she is the one asking us when we're going to come over. The other day she had someone ask her why she is going to be baptized and she told them "Cause I want to be with my family in this life and the next."  That's when you know your time and effort has paid off and it's a good day to be a missionary. 

Yesterday on Sunday we worked with the young men from the ward for the first time since I've been here.  We had four young men show up so we split and I took half of our area and Rocky and his young men took the other half.  My first lesson was kind of rough with them because they were both pretty shy and wouldn't say much so I had to teach the whole thing but then they started opening up a little and giving the scriptural thoughts to some of the less actives and recent converts.  At the end of the splits it was a way good time.  Also one of the YM we went on splits with is waiting for his mission call and it's hard to believe that this time last year I was putting in my mission call and getting all excited to find out where I was going.  

Well that's it for this week!  Put your shoulder to the wheel and push along cause time is to short to sit and just waste time!

Mahal ko kayo!
Elder Tribe

No comments:

Post a Comment