Sunday, June 22, 2014

Bad News!

This week we got some terrible news from our zone leaders.  They decided to split our area and now we have one investigator and about 10 less actives who've been less active for over 20 years.  I was honestly really sad when they called to tell me they were splitting the area.  The people that we teach and everyone in that area is progressing.  If we don't show up for a couple days in that area the people ask us where we have been the next time we come.  But, I will do fine, it's just going to be a little harder in the area they gave us because the people here are just a little different.  In the area they gave us you still have to pay for your wife in pigs to get the wives parents approval.  The people are a little set in their ways here.

We went on splits this week with the zone leaders.  I was with Elder Allred from Idaho.  It was a really fun split and I learned a lot from him.  The way he taught was really good and really engaging.  The people were always the ones talking and the way he used metaphors to help the people better understand what we were trying to explain really helped me in my teaching.  At the end of our splits we did an over-view of the splits.  He said that I really get it.  He said that he can just tell how much I love the people.  I told him I have no idea what he's talking about because I didn't do anything special but he still insisted.  I still don't know what he's talking about but it was a way good split. 

Elder Hawlader this week was complaining that his kidneys were hurting but I kind of just shrugged it off because he wasn't acting like it wasn't a big deal.  Then the next day he sleeps in till nine and when he gets up he says that his back is really hurting.  At lunch time he started moaning and didn't stop for an hour before he told me to call President Rahlf to tell him we're headed to the Emergency Room!  It was pretty crazy and I thought he might actually be sick when he said that.  When we went to the ER and they told us he had a UTI (Urinary tract infection) and because of that we basically didn't work much this week.  

I also really didn't do anything for my birthday.  I didn't even get a cake but I did have some families from my last area call me and tell me happy birthday which was really nice.

The reason I'm emailing really late today is because we went to Banaue.  It's really beautiful there but it's really just a one time thing.  It was pretty crazy to think the rice terraces I walked on today were there back when Jesus Christ was here.  We also got a little off trail and I fell in the rice up to my knee.  It was pretty embarrassing and really itchy.  I might also have a ingrown toe nail on the leg that fell in so if I die because it gets infected this week I just wanted to say I
Banaue





Fell in right here





love you family especially Dad! Happy Fathers day dad!
I'm probably going to send a couple pictures today and then come back tomorrow to finish emailing because we got back pretty late today from Banaue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment