Sunday, July 13, 2014

Welcome straight from the MTC, Elder Saguire!

Well I'm a trainer now and it's a lot harder than I thought'd be.

So on Tuesday morning I said goodbye to Elder Hawlader and then the housing Elders in Cauayan picked me up and I went on splits with them the rest of the day.  They have their own car a 2014 Ford Ranger that is pretty sweet and when they're driving it's basically like a a video game.  We drive really fast and over take people like crazy.  We almost died like 3 times too!  

One Wednesday morning we got up and headed to the church in Cauayan to hear the transfer lists for everyone getting transferred.  I then waited all day until 2 pm to hear who my new trainee was going to be.  When the new Elders and Sisters come in we all stood up and sang "Called to Serve" as they took their seats.  One of the new Elders got up and said the prayer but no one understood it because it was in Cebuano and that got me even more nervous to think I would get a Philippino who didn't know how to speak Tagalog.  We then sang the mission song and watched a slideshow about the mission.  When they started to read off the names of who was going to be comps with what person, my heart started to beat kinda fast and I was a little nervous.  When they read my name, I stood up and then they read my new comps name Elder Saguire.  (Sa-gear-eeeeee)  He was the elder who got up earlier and gave the prayer.  I walked over, gave him a hug, took a picture and then we got on the bus to go back to Salano.  

At first it was really awkward because he was watching everything I was doing and buying everything I was buying.  It was really like he was my child.  He's grown up a little and has done some things on his own now.  He still is having a hard time speaking Tagalog but he understands everything.  He is from Negros Occidental Philippines.  He is the first in his family to go on a mission and hopefully I can be a good trainer for him.  Its definitely been different training someone but I'm learning a lot from him. 

Pray for me because I need the help! 

Love you everyone!

On a road trip with housing elders.
The sign says:
Be careful a lot of people have died here.
Be careful while driving.
The text message says:
Babe, I'm pregnant how did this happen?
Love you everyone!
Crazy guy at church trying to jump the fence because the gates locked


New Companion


No comments:

Post a Comment