Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pasko na!

December na kaya pasko na din! 

Christmas is getting so close!  I feel like it was Christmas last week!

This week was a kind of hard week for me with not feeling the greatest.  We ended up not working on Sunday because of it but I am feeling better now. 

I don't know what to say about this week.
Teaching a district meeting.
Tuesday- We went to District meeting where I taught about effective finding.  The Morgans came who are a senior couple and sat in on my District meeting.  They were really awesome during district meeting and told me I had a good lesson.  They are really nice.  Taught Brother Roy Valdez a new investigator.  He is really cool and is trying to get over his hernia so he can come to church on Sundays.  

Wednesday-  Just worked hard like every other day.  Taught a drunk guy who prayed for the opening prayer and closing prayer.  I asked him to come to church and he said he'll go to church at the Catholic church.  His family came to church but not him.

Thursday-Thanksgiving day but didn't know it till we received a text from Sister Rahlf telling us she's grateful for us.  We tried to get a dinner that night but didn't get one so we just ate cheese filled hot dogs.  I literally starved this week because we didn't get to shop on Monday.  It was pretty rough.  That's why I got sick, I think.  In my last area I made a list of things I wanted to get from one of the members who was coming back to the Philippines from America.  The elders there got my package and sent me all the pictures of them eating it.  Worst day of my life.  The list had 1.Gushers 2. Captain Crunch 3. Fruit by the Foot 4. Honeycomb 5. Tostitos and salsa and cheese dip.  I literally died seeing them eat it!    

Friday- Brother Rodger worked with us today.  We went to Jose Andres and after one week of not visiting him when he saw us he was surprised we hadn't forgot about him.  Got punted a lot today.  Taught Sister A. who said she wants to be baptized but can't because she's not married to her partner but they can't be married due to Filipino law.  There are some things we can do but she'll have to be interviewed by President or one of his counselors.

Saturday-  Didn't feel great but still worked.  Drank something to help me feel better given to me by a member.  I think I got more sick from it.  We taught Nay Guzman.  She's having a hard time coming to church.  If she'll get active we can baptize her daughter.

Sunday- Didn't feel good but of course you have to go to church to partake of the sacrament.  After church I went home and slept a lot.  Took some ibuprofen and it helped a little.  I'm better now!

                                                                        Well that's basically my week!  Your vacation looked amazing!  Can't wait to go with you guys again when I get back.
Resting


Next door neighbor

One of the nanays thinking she is a doctor.  
The lady who is getting the blood sucked out of her leg was bit by a dog.  She says that if you poke holes in the skin and put a suction cup on it it will remove the rabies


Quick pic during a lesson.


Tracting


Baptism at an outside font.
Love Cam  

No comments:

Post a Comment