Sunday, March 23, 2014

We're doing alright.

So looking back in my planner trying to remember what I did this last week and what popped out to me was the big letters I wrote that said "Walk for EVER."  I want to get a step counter to see how far we walk because I've never been so dead in my life.

This week was pretty amazing with one of our investigators St.  She has committed to be baptized on April 5 but because she is living with her boy friend we realized it wasn't allowed.  When we were leaving her house one night after the lesson they told us to come back Friday and have lunch.  We asked if we would teach them then or later and they said later but then right as we were walking outside the gate she told us they were getting married and it was their reception I guess you could call it.  It was an answer to our prayers.  We hadn't even talked to her about how she would either have to move out or get married and they just decided to get married themselves. 

This last week we found some less-actives and this week they came to church.  It's almost crazy sometimes how easy it is to return less-actives because all you do is have to fellowship and show them that you care.  We also found a less-active and he's already told us he'll come back to church and all we had to do was talk to him and show him the commandments and what it says there about keeping the Sabbath day holy. Madali lang na naman

I don't really know what else happened this week.  I've been trying to keep my planners more updated so I can write better emails but what I do is kinda boring.  We did find a less active and a new investigator who live in the same house.  We taught them and then when we came back the next day she had friends over and we talked to them for a while and OYM'd them.  Most of our conversation was about the differences between America and the Philippines.  They can't believe that back home we don't eat rice three meals a day and we don't have rice fields every where.  

We have a member here in our area who is doing a better job at being a missionary than we are.  He has a different non member with him every week at church.  We met the kid he brought this week and he really wants to get to know Heavenly Father.  In the morning he goes to our church and then in the afternoon he goes to the born again Christians in the afternoon.  This week when we teach him we're going to tell him our purpose and hopefully he'll realize we're the one true church.




Love you guys,
Elder Tribe

No comments:

Post a Comment