Sunday, August 3, 2014

I've been sitting here for a little bit now not knowing what I should write in my email because I can't remember what I did.

We've been basically just doing the same things this week like we did last week.  We did have Zone conference this week in Bambang.  The zone conference was about the restoration and was really good.  President Rahlf talked about everything from scriptures, talking about the restoration, to Joseph Smith being in jail on false charges from a member of the church.  It was a really good meeting and I learned a lot.  They also sang to me at the zone conference for my birthday and gave me a limited edition Cauayan mission temple recommend.  It's pretty cool and has a picture of the Banaue rice terraces on it.  If you want to see more just click the link 


Chicken Coops

Investigators front yard



Selfie

For Reynante, Dandan, and Mary Rose we are going to move back their baptismal date probably to the 16th of August because they don't seem to be ready enough and sister Mary Rose has been with her mom in the hospital for the past week so we haven't been able to teach her.  Brother Reynante in the lessons does say some pretty cool things though.  Here's one thing he said:  "I can't wait to get married in the temple."  He said some other cool stuff but I forgot what he said.

We also got denied this week with one of our investigators that's a Muslim.  We challenged her to be baptized and she told us she is okay with us teaching her and her going to church but she doesn't want to get baptized.  I just think it'll be a little bit more time and she'll be baptized some day if the missionaries keep going to her after we get transferred. 

The rainy season is here right now and it's awesome!  The weather is cloudy so it's not as hot and when it rains everything cools down and makes it way nicer out side.  I did lose my umbrella the other day which stinks so half of my body has been getting wet during the rain storms because my companion and I have to share an umbrella.  
I'll try to write a more interesting letter next week but I do have pictures this week to kind of make up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment