Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sorry I don't have any pictures this week.  The USB to my camera is broken with a virus.

This week on Friday we had a service project in Bagabag about 5 miles away from our apartment.  The branch President here is a marathon runner and invited us to jog with him to the service project.  We got up early and jogged almost the whole way until the Branch President told us to stop running because he had a cramp and so we ended up taking a jeepney the rest of the way. When we got to the service project, it was out in the middle of nowhere and our project was to pick corn.  We started picking corn around 7:30 a.m. to around noon.  While picking we would take little breaks where the other helpers would be cooking and boiling corn over a fire.  We also picked some cucumbers and ate them with vinegar and salt.  I think I'm turning into a Filipino because I love vinegar.  After we finished we came home where I rubbed alcohol all over my legs after because of all the ant bites and corn paper cuts. 

Sorry, I really can't remember what happened this week.  My letters going to be really boring.

Our three investigators who have baptismal dates came to church this week.  They all are doing good.  The other day I asked Brother Dandan if he would pray and he was kind of hesitant at first and didn't want to pray, but when our other investigator Brother Reynante asked Dandan "Don't you want to be baptized?"  All Dandan did was nod his head and start praying, in English too!  We teach all three of them together and I really hope they are preparing themselves for baptism.  I can't emphasize enough how important it is to read the BoM and pray about it.  I've probably told them a thousand time they need to read the BoM.  They probably are beginning to think it's the only thing I know how to say in Tagalog.

I don't really know what else to write about this week.  Tell Grandma Newman I got her letter and I promise I'm going to send her a letter back.  

I love you guys a lot.

The picture I
sent to you was taken by a member.

No comments:

Post a Comment