Monday, May 4, 2015

It's soooo hot up here in Tuge.  I forgot to mention last week that this place is the hottest place in the Philippines.  It is so hot and it never gets cool here ever.  The coolest I've seen it get here was 85 degrees at night. During the day when we are out in the sun working it's 103 plus.  I am in the city right now.  It's the biggest city in the mission.  I'm not sure how many people there are here but it's a lot.

This week was a really good week.  We got fed every night and I think this might be the first area where I will ever gain some weight.  I headed with a couple other Elders and Sisters to a leaders training meeting in Cauayan this week.  I've attended the meeting before but I always learn something new.  I think that meeting basically is just to prepare us to be good bosses when we get home.

This week we had a really good lesson with Jojo.  We taught him about the Word of Wisdom.  He told us he's done it all but he really wants to change.  We set a goal with him to only smoke 30 cigarettes a day and he said he'd do it.  Jojo has so much desire to change and it's so awesome.  When we ended the lesson he gave the closing prayer and he said the coolest thing.  He said, "Salamat ama sa mga missionaries ito.  Parang mga anak nyo." in English, Thanks Father for these missionaries.  Who are like your sons.  It's hard to translate to English but it is way better when said in Tagalog.  It was just cool to hear him say that we are Heavenly Father's Sons who've been sent to help him.  It's better in Tagalog than English.

Well every thing is going really good here in Linao.  We're teaching so many people who want to change.  It's been awesome.

Well that's it!
Love,
E.Tribe

No comments:

Post a Comment